TR4 Hood Retaining Strips

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Hood Retaining Strips
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@ultrasw.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:25:42 -0700
When you purchase a new hood (top) for a TR4 does it typically come with
the metal retaining strips in place?

Some vendors list these strips separately (at about 50 bucks a set) but
do not indicate if you need to purchase them for their hoods.

I haven't taken mine out as I have the top stowed for use in the very
unlikely it ever rains again here -- but from the crunchy sound they
make when the leading edge is handled I suspect they are mosty rust that
is holding its original shape only because of the confined area it is
in.

Geo Hahn
64 TR4
Tucson