Re: Is it OK for a TR lover to own a JAG?

To: "mike" <mike@gsta.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Is it OK for a TR lover to own a JAG?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:31:17 -0500
From: "mike" <mike@gsta.net>

> I wanted a TVR something awful but the only one I could find that I could
> afford was in pieces and I already have enough of that kind of car in the
> garage, in storage, around the yard...etc...
>
> At least I can drive the Jag immediately and when it comes time to break
it
> to the 'trouble and strife' she won't freak out that I bought yet another
> 'pile of junk' that used to be a car ;-)

I can relate.  Sue was after me to get a toy car that was 1) topless and 2)
not a "project" in the sense that the Lotus is.

The TR4 I got in Texas was up to the 1300-mile drive home, so I guess it was
by-definition not a project.  Two years now, and I have done very little to
it.

Meanwhile, the Lotus is back together after its halfshaft break, but now it
does not start.  I will probably wait until after VTR to go after that.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org