RE: "Tech Talk" manuals by the TR Register of SoCal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: "Tech Talk" manuals by the TR Register of SoCal
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:48:25 -0700
Cc: "Alexa V. Hamilton" <alexah@sr.sticare.com>
> Seems the list of stupid Ebayers keeps growing these books are cheaper
> if you buy them direct from the TR Register of SoCal.
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1836322098
>
> Now the question is are these illegal reproductions of "Tech Talk"
> manuals by the TR Register of SoCal or is this guy just done reading
> them and passing them on for a profit.

I'm inclined to believe the latter is the case.  That funny green color is
exactly the way the originals look, and IMO it's unlikely someone would go
to the trouble of reproducing it.

And, I suppose you could argue he is adding some tiny increment of value, by
adding the spiral binding.  The originals are simply stapled, with the
result they will not lay open.

If anyone is interested in purchasing originals, see
http://www.linkline.com/personal/koblinger/trsc/regalia.htm
I understand the website is out of date, TRSC regalia sales are now being
handled by Alexa Hamilton, at alexah@sr.sticare.com .  There is actually a
somewhat limited supply, the club did a mass printing of these a long time
ago, and I'm not sure we even have the original plates anymore.

However, if there is sufficient interest, the club might offer these on a CD
(especially if Tech Talk #4 ever gets produced).

Disclaimer : Proceeds go to benefit the Triumph Register of Southern
California, of which I am a member and an officer.

Randall Young
President - So CA Triumph Owners Assn
Events person - Triumph Register of So CA