Re: Speedometer Flucuation (TR4)

To: <Lbc61tr4@aol.com>, <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speedometer Flucuation (TR4)
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:02:16 -0500
From: <Lbc61tr4@aol.com>

> I call it my averageometer.  The reading on my speedometer floats over a 5
> 10 MPH range.  I pick a speed somewhere in between.

I've found that the low end of the float tends to be more accurate than the
middle.

I was REALLY BORED during some of the drive back from Texas, and timed the
mile markers.  The tach is dead-on 3000 at a true 60 mph.  The bouncing
speedo has 60 at the bottom of the bounce at that speed.

I'm not fixing it.  Part of the charm of the beast.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org