Commission Number Screw-up

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Commission Number Screw-up
From: <Austrheamgafun@arczip.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:21:19 -0500
Hello,

I've finally decided to have the title to my '59 TR3A transferred into my
name, and noticed the title displays the engine number as the cars VIN number.
i.e. the engine number matches the title, and the commission number does not.
This car has never been broken apart and I know the engine is original to the
car.  I would like to have the title corrected.  Does anyone happen to have
any good idea's how to deal with this kinda thing?  I'm sure every State is
different.  In Indiana, the first procedure to transferring a title from out
of State (car is from Missouri) is to have a police officer run a check on the
vehicle, and then have the numbers verified.  I'm afraid this is going to be a
major road block once he notices the numbers don't match up with the
Commission number tag on the firewall.......

Thanks for any ideas,

Scott Helms
Northern Indiana
Austrheamgafun@arczip.com