Re: Spitfire vs. GT6+ floor pan

To: bschwart@pacbell.net, spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire vs. GT6+ floor pan
From: Windoseat@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 21:52:27 EDT
Thanks for the information. I knew there had to be a difference or the VB
catalog would have listed both. Fortunately, I only have to replace the
drivers side floor pan and mostly in the center area. There is a 6" x 12"
piece of sheet metal atatched with pop rivets and seam sealer. I could
probably get away with welding a patch in that area but I hate to do things
half way. Thanks to everyone who offered knowledge and advice.

Is there any difference in quality between the replacement body parts offered
by the Big 3? I use VB a lot because they have a good Spitfire/GT6 catalog.
I'd prefer TRF but they don't even acknowledge the GT6 witha parts list. Any
experience with the quality of these parts would be appreciated.

Greg Wolf
KC/79746-L
27 April, 1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Laurel Green