Re: Spitfire vs. GT6+ floor pan

To: Windoseat@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spitfire vs. GT6+ floor pan
From: "Steve W. Reilly" <Luckyone@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:52:10 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hey Greg,

The original floorpan is a one-piece stamping covering half the bottom of
the car.  Although the original dealer parts manuals for these cars show
different part numbers for the (whole) floorpan, I would have thought them
to be exactly the same.

The "spitfire" replacement floorpan will weld in and line up just fine; I
have replaced floorpans 4 times with no problems.  You may need to trim the
floorpan somewhat where the tranny tunnel mounts.  Sometimes you will be
able to salvage the floor crossmember if you cut carefully enough and its
not too badly rusted.  Other items that rust and commonly need replacement
are the front angled bodytub mounting bracket, inner sill and inner
strengthener.

Steve Reilly
'70 GT6's
'70 TR6