Which way 'round to install rear cam plug on TR 4 cyl engine?

To: tr list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Which way 'round to install rear cam plug on TR 4 cyl engine?
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@inetarena.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:03:33 -0700
Which way should the rear camshaft plug be installed, convex side in or out?
The one that was in there was installed the way a normal core plug would be
(and it looks like a core plug, but with a very narrow lip).  The
replacement plug is more like a concave disk.  I've seen some reference that
the plug should be "hit with a hammer" to expand it, but I can't find the
reference anymore.  That implies to me that the convex side should be out so
that hitting it in the center would expand it.

Since this was one of my major sources of oil leaks, I'd like to make sure
it is taken care of!

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS