RE: Carbon

To: "'Phil Smith'" <philip.smith25@verizon.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Carbon
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 15:15:14 -0400
Phil,

Was the choke on? This also makes it run rich. You might want to see what
the exhaust looks like after the engine's warmed up and the choke is off.

Carbon could be from running rich or from oil. If it's running rich you may
be able to adjust the carbs leaner. If it's from oil, you may have ring or
valve problems.

Hope this is helpful.

- Hugh