Viruses aboundŠ

Subject: Viruses aboundŠ
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 06:45:14 -0700
Folks:

Recently I've been receiving some very odd messages which have return
addresses that makes it appear as though it's coming from this list,
or some of the list members.

I am certain that these messages contain and/or are the result of
viruses
 they do come with attachments. Naturally, since I'm on a
Macintosh, the viruses can't bother me. I believe I've established
that fact to some critical acclaim before the list populous.

My intent here is to warn others to be on the lookout and follow the
usual advice regarding attachments and such. These people are
freakishly clever.

The message I received most recently (just minutes ago) shows a
'From:' address of <SENDER@autox.team.net> and comes with an
attachment called 'demo.exe'. So someone who probably does NOT
subscribe to the list is somehow using the domain to give some
credibility to the messages. We see that address and maybe think,
"Hey, it's okay, it's something to do with the Triumphs list." next
thing you know, you're overhauling your Windoze box once again to get
rid of yet another virus. DON'T fall for it.

This is the third such message I've received that has had some
connection (when scanning the headers) to the mailing list or to list
members. So beware.

And once again, if you're in the market for a new computer, visit
http://www.apple.com/switch and say goodbye to viruses!

The text of this most recent e-mail is as follows:

"Hello,This is a humour game
This game is my first work.
You're the first player.
I hope you would like it."