Re: TR6 clutch

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 clutch
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:57:24 -0500
 >At 10:58 AM 6/24/2002 -0500, Jack W. Drews wrote:
 >My TR6 clutch actuation is rather unpleasant.

Jack,

I had this problem recently. Don't be too quick to blame the pedal
mechanism. My transmission nose piece was worn so the sleeve tended to bind
up. This kept my throw out bearing in constant contact with the pressure
plate and caused it to seize prematurely. You can't buy new nose pieces
from the big 3 or BPNW so I turned mine down on the lathe and repaired it
with an oilite bronze sleeve (see your July Snic-Braaapp for details). It
works beautifully now.

--
Erik Quackenbush, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566  http://www.midwestfilter.com