Re: radio attenna - tr4 & Update

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: radio attenna - tr4 & Update
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@ultrasw.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:11:36 -0700

RayAntoky@aol.com wrote:

> The Moss antenna disappears into the fender so you can tuck it out of the
> way when you don't need it.

For my TR4 I used the most inexpensive version at the FLAP (Checker)... probably
about 3 or 4 bucks.

I used the disappearing kind on my TR3A and Ray is right -- that type is
preferable, but on my '4 it looked as though there wasn't enough clearance for
one.  Something (perhaps the windscreen post bracket?) was in the way.

I think the location of the antenna hole was left to the whim of the dealer so
yours may have more room (mine is less than 1/2 inch from the windscreen frame).

If you do get the auto parts store variety be sure it is for the right size hole
(probably 1 inch) as modern cars often have smaller antenna holes.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4
Tucson