RE: gt6 hood louvers

To: "'lstein6@earthlink.net'" <lstein6@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: gt6 hood louvers
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:24:19 +0200
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Hi Larry .

Sorry for the delay in responding , but I've been away for a bit .

FWIW , the Mk 1 GT 6 had the louvers only on the top part of the bonnet ,
and the MK 2 on the sides ( front wings ) as well . Mk 3 didn't have any
louvers .

I don't have a digital camera , but could post you a hard copy photograph of
the Mk 1 louvers if you're still in need .

Personally I would also like to add the side / wing louvers to my Mk 1 . Any
one have pictures and dimensions they'd be willing to share ?
Better still , anyone have a totally irreparable scrap Mk 2 bonnet / hood
they'd be willing to cut up and forward only the rear corner wing parts with
the louvers to me ?

Kind regards .
Chris de Wet .
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .
Cell 0839989744 , Office 012-3398071

Daily drivers and continuous restoration projects :
1956 TR 3 . Commission no. TS 10795
1964 Spitfire 4 Mk 1 . Commission no. FC 25680
1967 GT 6 Mk 1 . Commission no. KC 52713 O

Restoration projects :
1966 Spitfire 4 Mk 2 . Commission no. 4 FC 69807
1963 Spitfire 4 Mk 1 . Commission no. FC 2507
1962 Herald 1200 Coupe . Commission no. GA 1397 CP

Very long term project :
1933 Triumph Sports Special / 1933 Chev 3 window Coupe

Triumph Sports Car Club of South Africa membership number : 2117
Triumph Sports Car Club of Pretoria membership number : 356 .

" Triumphs are meant to be driven . Keep them on the road and not the
trailer or show room " !