Re: Stainless Steel radiator hoses

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stainless Steel radiator hoses
From: "mike" <mike@gsta.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 21:24:25 -0400
Randall,

The material is basically stainless steel tubing that is crimped like a
steering gator boot so that it can be bent. Apparently all you do is size
and bend it to fit and then use a short rubber connector to attach to the
radiator/waterneck. I believe the rubber connector is simply fastened with a
normal hose clamp. Because of this rubber connector I think the vibration
problem would be alleviated. One of the reasons I like the idea of this
stuff is that one of my British cars which shall remain nameless (starts
with a "J" and has alot of cylinders) has MANY difficult to get at hoses. I
drive my cars everywhere so I thought that a seemingly indestructable
stainless steel hose might provide a little piece of mind on a 1400 mile
road trip.

I think I'm gonna try it - I'll let the list know how it works!

~Mike