Question re: points

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Question re: points
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 12:06:41 EDT
OK

While I'm embarrased to post this, I need some assist.  I just brought home
my new project, a '72 TR6.  Since this car sat for the most part unused for
the past five years, I decided it needed fresh plugs and points.

Plugs changed, runs fine.  Replaced the points and condenser and now I can't
get it to start to save my life.  I've checked and re-checked point gap
(tried .14, .15, .16), replaced the original points and condenser and
nothing.  I've got the condenser lead and terminal lead from the coil
attached to the contact point post on top of the nylon washer as I believe
they should be.

Any basic (or dumb) things I need to check?  I have to admit it's been many
years since I've done mechanical repairs of these cars but this seems fairly
basic.

Any help would be approciated.

Micky Long