Re: TR-6 Brakes

To: "\"\\"\\\"'\\\\"Patrick Bitton\\\\" <pbitton@axess.com>'\\\" <\\\"Patrick Bitton\\\"\\"\"" <pbitton@axess.com>, "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR-6 Brakes
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:15:44 -0600
Patrick, I'm not sure if I understand your situation, but perhaps your
rubber brake lines are swelled up so much due to age that they restrict
fluid flow (despite the fact that air runs thru the lines).  This is a
common problem on older cars.  Try disconnecting the upstream side of
the rubber brake line and look for fluid flow.  If that helps, connect
it up again and disconnect downstream side of the rubber line and
repeat.

John - 1976 TR6
Louisville, CO

Patrick wrote:>
Well once again I reached a dead end. I replaced my master brake
cylinder
and tired to bleed my brakes. Then I noticed that my fluid level wasn't
going down. Then I looked in the jar of this one man bleed kit, and it
was
empty. Pumped some more and no dice. I removed the lines to the MBC and
pumped the brakes and fluid came out. I removed the PDWA and blew into
the
lines and there was air passing thru. Brakes seem to be a straight
forward
thing. Pump and watch the fluid come out.