Re: Rear Brake Cylinders

To: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, Dixie <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Brake Cylinders
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 17:22:19 -0400
Randall Young wrote:

> Dixie wrote :
> > You know, there are some killjoys out there on the Triumph
> > List, it is sad but true.
>
> It's also a shame that some listers "call names" without making
> clear who or what they're referring to.  Since you didn't specify, I
> have to assume this is in response to Phil Ethier's post about
> brake balance, which I thought was entirely on-target.

Randall and Adrian,

Adrian may have been refering to a private post I made to Steve.  However, I
in no way ever implied that the parts were of poor quality.  There are other
listers selling these larger diameter rear wheel cylinders at higher than
retail cost.  I merely wrote Steve and informed him that the cheapest
available source, in the USA, offered them for $19.95 (which is Victoria
British).

I was just making Steve aware that other frequenters of this list are
offering "deals" on these cylinders that are not deals.  I don't call that
being a killjoy, I call that being vigilant about helping other people avoid
overpaying for parts.

After all is said and done, Steve replied to me with the price he paid
Adrian, and Adrian's price is 100% competitive... even considering he is
located in the UK!

Kai