RE: Oil leak

Subject: RE: Oil leak
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 17:00:02 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> OK, I plead ignorance, but I've got to know what the dynamo bracket
> fixing bolts are.

Which word didn't you understand ? <g>

The dynamo (aka generator) on a TRactor motor is mounted to the engine block
partly by a bracket (aka bent piece of steel with holes in it), that has
three bolts that go through it and into the block.  Turns out they not only
go into the block, but all the way through into the crankcase area.  Thus,
if one falls out, you get a huge amount of oil mist blown out through the
hole when the engine is running.  Many racers safety wire those bolts, for
just that reason (oil on the track will get you disqualified, possibly even
barred).

Randall