Re: confessionals (LONG)

To: vafred@erols.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: confessionals (LONG)
From: Windoseat@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:14:49 EDT
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
Hey, we've all been there. I recently rebuilt the engine in my Dodge Shadow
ES Turbo. Did the whole bit, balanced, new turbo, etc. In the process of
setting the timing I had to remove the air cleaner assembly. One of the bolts
that hold the air cleaner tray also attaches the turbo oil line to the head.
So I start the car to bring it up to temperature and go looking for the
timing light. When I come back all the oil has been pumped out the bolt hole
and I've spun a bearing on a newly reground and balanced crank! The car never
moved!

Greg Wolf
KC/79746-L
27 April, 1970 GT6+ "Ian"