GT6+ Rear Spring

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6+ Rear Spring
From: Windoseat@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:15:01 EDT
I was calculating the spring rate for the transverse leaf spring on the GT6+
(part of designing a true coil over rear suspension) and I came up with just
under 200 in. lbs. I am assuming that the total rate is divided between the
two rear wheels which would make the rate about 100 in lbs per side. That
works out to about half of the front coil spring which calaculates out to 209
in. lbs. Since the 6 cyl lump resides in the front this seems to make sense.
Does anyone have an opposing opinion on this? Or am I on the right track?

Greg Wolf
KC/79746-L
27 April, 1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Laurel Green