Re: Roll Bar and Seat Belts

To: "ebartle" <ebartle@hbci.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roll Bar and Seat Belts
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 17:52:49 -0800
> I would like to install seat belts in my TR3A. Any suggestions as to type?

I installed a set of belts that I got from JC Whitney, herring bone weave in
black with chrome quick release buckles.  I ordered the shorter 60", that
was a mistake as they are a tad too short.

> Also, is a roll bar something I should think about? I don't see many TR3's
> with them.  If my car is  a driver, would one be recommended?

This is usually something you think about as the car is just about upside
down :)   I have seen a girl's life saved by a roll bar in a TR3, of course
she was competing in a hill climb at the time.  I don't have one in mine, I
don't drive that agressively that I feel I need it, but opinions will vary
and I guess it is really up to you.

Bob