Re: What the ...!

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Subject: Re: What the ...!
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 09:35:33 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Michael Porter wrote:
Working miniature models are reasonably popular in the U.S. (there is
one guy selling kits for Chevy V-8s about six inches long), but nothing
like the popularity in Europe, particularly in England. Miniature
replica steam locomotives seem to very popular there.

And what about the miniature traction engines in 1/8th scale? When I
graduate from Old F**t to Real Old F**t status, the Triumphs and the Fergie
will be going to new homes and it'll be "Hello, Baby Burrell." I've already
got the magnifying glass to read the steam pressure gauge, a good hammer to
break the coal into minute lumps, the necessary headgear and the household
vacuum cleaner is just the job for drawing the firebox to get steam in
twenty minutes. My keenly anticipated grandchildren will love it and SWMBO
is shortly to be enrolled at night school on a brass-polishing course. This
is to be her Christmas Present. She does such an excellent job on the stuff
in the house, it seems a shame to deny her this opportunity.

Jonmac