Unleaded head?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Unleaded head?
From: "Dave Shook" <fine@telusplanet.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 09:43:24 -0700
Hi.
I have just joined the list since I bought a 70 TR6. It needs a thorough
engine rebuild, but has no major body cancer (found so far).
I have a question about what the head needs. It has not been converted to run
on unleaded.  I have read a couple of different opinions about whether I need
to replace the exhaust valve seats, valves, guides to run safely on unleaded.
My question:
does anyone out there have first hand experience of what happens running an
unconverted head on unleaded gas? Or is it so obviously a bad idea that only a
maniac would do so?

Thanks
Dave Shook
70 TR6 CC 54656