Re: TR Choke Cable - Too Loose

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR Choke Cable - Too Loose
From: "george hahn" <ahwahnee18@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 18:35:24 -0700 FILETIME=[72A5BC00:01C283A2]
>Maybe I've just put up with for so long so I think that Standard Triumph
>designed the choke cable that way, but, mine is loose and won't stay out

Mine stay out until released by turning the knob about a quarter turn (to
the left?).  So I would suspect that the cable should move easily thru the
housing as friction there is not needed to hold it open -- your problem may
be in the housing around the knob.

My '3 has a replacement cable from TRF that worked this way, the '4 is
original & does the same (quarter turn to release).

Of course, I think some use a clothes pin to hold that guy out.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4