Garage Sale

To: <xk-engine@jag-lovers.org>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <saloons@jag-lovers.org>
Subject: Garage Sale
From: "David Dressel" <DLD@insightbb.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 21:35:19 -0600
BlankAll:

I am moving far away (about 1200 miles south-southeast) and all of my toys
cannot come with me.  So, Im having a garage sale (well, actually, I sold
the garage and the house  I just need to sell the stuff IN the garage now.)

Two cars are available:  a 64 Triumph TR4 and a 67 Jaguar Mk 2 (not a 340)
3.4 auto.

Triumph

Many of you on the Triumph list know Jack and Tony Drews.  I bought the 64
from Tony in August, and have finished the chassis.  If you go to

http://www.triumphowners.com/index.cgi

you can see a detailed chronicle of what has been done to the car thus far.
Look under the special interest category  the project name is Restoration
of Abbie.  Tony did most of the body, and it just has a few minor things
that need to be done. I have an engine with about 40K miles on it (Jack
found that) to rebuild, and I purchased a transmission from Greg Petrolatti
(sans OD), too.  I have a set of carbs I bought from Joe Alexander that
should be great when rebuilt.  I believe that most all parts are there to
finish the car.  It needs the engine rebuilt, the trans just needs a new
throw-out bearing and sleeve (I have the new ones) and it is good to go.
Drive shaft is done, except I cant get the last snap ring in the grooves on
either U-joint.  I just put a set of Dayton SS wire wheels on this car.  The
major replacement items will be the parts to rebuild the engine, the
interior, the windshield, and the bumpers.  I have a lot of hours and about
$5K in this car, and will sell for that.  Please contact me off list if you
are interested.

Jaguar

This car was purchased from Lyman in St. Louis in May.  So far, I have
pulled a lot of pieces and parts out from the engine bay with the intention
Bardoizing the bay by cleaning, buffing the aluminum, rebuilding
components, rewiring it, and painting.)  The interior is  ugh.  Needs a new
interior.  The existing is a cheap, black vinyl redo of what was (as a PO
left one seat untouched) a black leather interior.  I have started
restoration of the wood, but that is one small step in the process.  The car
also needs new seals and exterior body rubber all around, but the paint
(excellent overspray of Navy blue over the original red) will just need
touchup and buffing-out.  I cant find a rust problem, except behind the
batt on the firewall.  A little fiberglass will solve that.  Seems as though
past oil leaks have protected the underside of the car very well.  Chrome is
fine  just requires buffing and care.   I have purchased UK spec tail
lamps, fog lights, badge bar, etc.  I have also invested $500+ in a Mallory
distributor, coil, plug wires, etc. with the goal of getting rid of points
etc. and changing to negative ground.  The car would benefit from a
transmission transplant.  I was going to go the GM hydramatic route, but
other options are available.  I paid too much for the car ($12,500) and now
that I have disabled it by gutting the engine bay, it is worth less.  If you
are interested, contact me off list and lets talk.

Thanks,

D.
David L. Dressel
http://www.DLDcreations.com
'67 Jaguar Mk2 3.4 P180773
'64 Triumph TR4 CT30061
'60 Triumph TR3A TS76829 (keeping this one)