Piston/Liner Sets

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Piston/Liner Sets
From: John Gillis <jgillis@gemini.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 21:39:23 +0000
Hello all,
If you read my last posting I was hoping that my set of piston/liners
could be reused, but it would seem that they are in need of
replacement (thanks Randall), the main problem would seem to be oval
liners, with a much higher degree of ware on the thrust axis as one
would expect. Anyway I need advice on the the quality and
availability of piston/liner sets out there. I would very much like
to keep the 83mm size. Are the AE sets still available ?, who has the
best standard kits, I don't need anything to enhance performance for
instance, I just want to avoid poor quality. If anybody has used a
supplier on this side of the pond all the better, but it does not
really make much difference.
John