Re: Help with Dark Blue Laquer

To: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help with Dark Blue Laquer
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 07:27:55 -0500
David, here is a start for you. My car, a 1966 TR4A is Royal Blue Code 56.
This past summer a local Dupont supplier mixed a pint of paint for me in
Acrylic Enamel. The Dupont code is Royal Blue 8455A and the paint is Centari
Acrylic Enamel. Perhaps with this information you can get a Dupont Dealer to
convert to a laqueur or compare with the Dupont number that you have. My can
label says Code 56 but references 1970 as the year. I've used it as touch up
and the match is very good on small areas.
Hope this helps you.
JVV