Re: Re-assembling a TR3A

To: willgray@region.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re-assembling a TR3A
From: WBabbitt@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 21:39:31 EST
Dave,
I can tell you this:
Install the new brake line that goes between the front brakes BEFORE the
engine.  It's a real pain to do after the engine is installed.

I installed as much as possible before placing the body.  Install the engine
and as much of the ancillary items as possible (the intake manifold and carbs
will have to go on after the body is in place).  Run the fuel lines as much
as possible, and the entire brake lines.  Definitely run the exhaust system.
Install the radiator.  Save the emergency brake lever until the body is on.
It will be difficult to install, but much easier than trying to slide the
body on over it while trying to clear the throttle linkage at the back of the
engine head.  Hopefully you have a split steering column that can be
installed after the body.
good luck!
Bill
In a message dated 11/5/2002 7:35:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
willgray@region.net writes:

> Having completed the dull but easy part - the essentially complete
> disassembly of my 3A - I am now faced with the more interesting but
> somewhat daunting frame-up re-assembly.
>  My question is, where do I start? I have the front and rear
> suspensions and steering in place; what's next? Brake system? Engine?
> When to put the body back on?   I suspect there's an optimum sequence
> of assembly and testing of the various components which will avoid my
> having to back track when I find something I have already installed
> should have waited for something else.
>  Or am I worrying unnecessarily?
>  Dave
> --