Re: ZS Carb Bypass Valve Adjustment

To: hfader@usa.net, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ZS Carb Bypass Valve Adjustment
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 08:22:27 -0700
Hugh, I bought these from one of the Big 3 so you might check VB or TRF.  In
the meantime, you can try what my PO did.  He made an adapter out of a short
piece of smaller diameter hose to fit the carb, but was also large enough to
snugly fit into the breather hose.  ISTR he put a hose clamp on the junction
for good measure.  My engine ran about the same before and after I put the
right piece on.

John - 1976 TR6 engine out, ready to paint engine bay (65 degrees in Denver
tomorrow)

Hugh wrote>
I also took a look at the breather setup which had been causing uneven idle
problems until I capped the fittings on the carbs. I do not have the adaptors
from the carb fitting to the rubber emission hoses. I am guessing that these
have calibrated orifices and without them I may be breathing too much when
vacuum is high. Moss shows them as N/A. Does anybody have a couple of these in
their parts box they'd be willing to sell me? If not, could somebody get
dimensions? OD, ID, orifice size?