Re: Lubricants & Adhesives - UK vs US Equivalents

To: "john & patricia donnelly" <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>, "Triumphs Email List \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lubricants & Adhesives - UK vs US Equivalents
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 01:34:05 -0600
From: "john & patricia donnelly" <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>

> When looking through manuals on our LBC's, it's extremely common to find
> mention of a particular brand of some lubricant or adhesive that I've
never
> heard of here in the United States. "Hylomar"

Hylomar is sold by Permatex.  Sorry I don't have the number handy, but I
have walked out to the shop in my pajamas once tonight, and that's enough.

> In the last few years I've become familiar with names such as
> Permatex and Sta-Lube, and all the varieties of these brands.

Well, maybe not all the varieties of these brands.  Unless of course,
Permatex has dropped Hylomar since I bought my tube.

> But, when
> the  manual calls out for Hylomar blue sealant, what do I use?

I'd suggest Permatex Hylomar.  I bought mine at a local car-parts store in
Minnesota.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com