Carpet Kits?

To: Mike Madden <MMadden@samhealth.org>
Subject: Carpet Kits?
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:30:15 -0500
Cc: "Triumph List (triumphs@autox.team.net)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "TR8 List (tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu)" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id gACJYGPM020657
Message text written by Mike Madden
>I am going to re-carpet my '80 TR8.  Any recommendations on the best kits
and sources?
<

Mike, as far as I can figure out, no one makes the one-piece carpet that
was original.  The kits I have seen are more typical of earlier Triumphs
with a number of overlapping pieces.

That said, I bought the wool kit from Rimmer Bros. (it was part of a full
interior kit I got under one of their "Carriage Free" offers)  It looks
good and fits well enough and it is holding up fine after 2 years and
almost 20,000 miles.

I can recommend it but you may do better price wise elsewhere.

Dave