Re: [triumph_herald] Herald front suspension

To: John Kipping <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] Herald front suspension
From: "Javier Vidaurre Ch." <vidaurre@rocketmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:55:38 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Herald Triumph <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>, List Spit <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Hello John K.,

Good info on the vert. links, I will definitely be
keeping an eye on them and keep them well lubed with
90 wt. oil.  Luckily the link broke as I was turning
into my parking space at work and not minutes before
as I was seeing what Winston could do on the highway.

As for the bushes, the ones I got are a larger
diameter than you mention along with cap/dished
washers to match so I will grind the edges that come
to bear on the dished washers of the sping plates
slightly so they sit "in" rather than "on" them and
hopefully this will aid in centering the whole
assembly.  The holes for the upper shock rod on these
spring plates are ovaled from bad centering and I wish
to avoid more of the same.

As always, thank you,

Javier