Re: eBay values (rare TR4A's) ;-)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: eBay values (rare TR4A's) ;-)
From: SDOliner@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:08:13 EST
In a message dated 11/13/02 8:27:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
steven@newellboys.com writes:

> Maybe, but by comparison doesn't it seem plausible that the short 4's are
> faster?

Steve

I took a road trip with the TR into Adirondaks with my 20 year old son this
summer. I wasn't paying any attention to his driving, but on the Northway,
going down hill, we blew past this tractor trailer like it was parked. So I
looked over at the speedo and saw in was 5 mph from being buried (115). So I
think, heck got to fix that speedo. Then I look at the tach and it is
cranking a shade below 6000. All this with only 1,000 miles on the latest
rebuild. I yell over to him what do you want to do blow the engine, get a
speeding ticket of both? The stupid kid has this huge grin on his face.

Not sure the speedo is accurate. But anytime and anyplace.

David Oliner
59,60 Bugeyes
67 TR4A