Re: eBay values (rare TR4A's) ;-)

To: SDOliner@aol.com, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: eBay values (rare TR4A's) ;-)
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:23:14 -0700
SDOliner@aol.com wrote:

> Legend has it that all TR4As are negative ground. But mine isn't so
> that must make it especially rare or something like that.

Perhaps you have one of the rare Lost Factory Works TR4A's. Vague
unsubstantiated rumor has it that four identical TR4A's were prepped for Sebring
but with BL looming they were never entered. They were painted pink instead of
baby blue to differentiate them from the very successful works TR4's. Of course,
they still used the TR4's competition option short bubble bonnet -- that's why
some early TR4's have a long bubble instead. Dealers swapped out the short
bubbles on customer cars to send back to the factory, which had used up it's
entire stock of short bubbles. They were also positive ground since the works
mechanics were used to the TR4's. David, I'd encourage you to return your car to
it's original pink color right away!

Here's a link to a 1966 photo of the pink factory MGB to help you match the
color:
    http://www.newellboys.com/trdriver/VIR-66-pink-MGB.jpg

--
Steven "also, there are monkeys flying out my tailpipe" Newell
Littleton, CO