Removal of Rear Wings TR3B

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Removal of Rear Wings TR3B
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:05:21 -0500
Ken,
Once you get every other bolt off the fender, you can swing the fender out
a bit for better access.
I think I took mine out with a box-end wrench. Out of the six bolts, I
think four broke and the nuts turned in the cages of the other two. Note
you only have to loosen them, not remove them, as the fender has slots -
once they're loosened, slide the fender rearwards and slightly up.
You will very likely find that you will need to replace the "closer plate"
anyhow - that's the triangular piece to which the three nuts in cages are
attached - so don't worry about busting off the heads.
It's not so bad to have to replace the closer plates, because once the old
ones are torn off you can see inside the rear apron, to see what needs
replacing in there.
Regards,
Jim