re:Removal of Rear Wings TR3B

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (List Triumph)
Subject: re:Removal of Rear Wings TR3B
From: pmmacy@att.net
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 02:37:16 +0000
>In the process of removing the body panels while restoring my TR3b, I was
>able to remove all the bolts holding the rear fenders (wings) except for
>the last three towards the tail light....Sockets and drives are too
>big,  straight open ended is a risk with the bolts so rusted.   Any
>suggestions.
>
>Ken 1963 TR3B

Ken:
  Just to make sure we're talking about the same 3 bolts "towards the tail
light", the slotted ones are the vertical 3 BELOW the tail light.  The last 3
IN FRONT of the tail light (accessed from the boot opening) are not slotted,
and will have to be removed completely.  Not an easy place to reach into with
Vise Grips or Channel Lock pliers if the nuts spin in the cages.  In that case,
drill the screw heads off from the boot opening and deal with the cages once
the wing is off.  As for the vertical 3 below the light, you'll have to elevate
the car on jack stands, slide under the car, and reach up with a long box end
wrench.  If you're really lucky they'll either break or come out.  If the nuts
spin in the cages, they'll probably be loose enough for the wing to slide
rearward and out of the slots.
--
Mark Macy
Sporty Car Garage, Inc.