TR 6 Radio problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 6 Radio problems
From: robertrudolphi@netscape.net (Robert Rudolphi)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:27:46 -0500
Ok, I remover the speaker panels this weekend on my 74 TR6 to try and figure
out why the display lights on my original AM FM Stereo didnbt light. I found
there are 6 wires coming out of the original Bendix radio, 4 for the speakers,
left and right, a black wire that had a inline fuse (fuse did not seem
original), and a maroon wire that was not connected to anything. My car is not
a positive ground, but it appears the power is going through to the black wire.
I disconnected the black wire and applied power to the maroon wire and the
radio worked. I then reconnected the black wire and the fuse blew. I took the
radio out of the car and tried having power go to the maroon and ground the
black but the radio would not work. It appears the radio only grounds when
installed to the car through the center dash support, as there was no separate
ground wire connected to the radio.

My point to all this is I want to send the radio in to someone who can
hopefully fix the display light and label all the wires correctly. Any
suggestions from the list on who is good for this type of work? I live in
Baltimore MD and the closer the better.

Thanks,

Robert Rudolphi
74 TR 6