head liner side boards? and rear axle bearing spacing

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: head liner side boards? and rear axle bearing spacing
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:14:41 -0500
two quandaries...
Considering EVERY nut and bolt I've touched so far on Big Red
has been frozen... it amazed me how easily the rear hubs came off
using the puller I have.   There is a spec  and pics in the books for how
far to push the oil flinger back onto the rear axle when re-assembling
everything, but nothing about spacing concerning bearings.
Should I just install the main bearing up tight to the housing or what?

QUESTION #2
I had no headliner in place when I purchased Big Red.
Are there some kind of solid panels behind the headliner between the rear
hatch and side quarter lights? IE: some type of backer board or is
the head liner simply stretched taught from the windows down to the lower
support where it meets the vinyl side panels?

tia

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com