Progress report on Ol' Yeller

To: "triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Nass" <nass@yahoogroups.com>, "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Progress report on Ol' Yeller
From: "Jon" <triumph@bigolbear.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:26:24 -0500
Hi All,
If anyone's still following, I'm on to the rear wing while I wait for all
the seam sealer to dry in the rockers, etc. More interesting discoveries
when THAT was cut open. Besides the usual 2 pounds of Bondo, I got $1.30 in
change and a carb adjusting tool out of the bottom. Unfortunately, like the
front of the wheel well, the rear inner wing was too far gone to be useful
as a pattern for replacement. The other side's no better. And cheep bastid
that I am, I couldn't bring myself to spend for a inner wing panel that I'd
chop up... so I got clever (legend in my own mind doncha know...) with a pic
off a GT6 restoration site (yes Paul, Andre and Liv, I've linked to it
*grin*) and after about an hour patternmaking with Paint Shop and 2 hours in
the garage scrapmaking with snips, hammers and dollies got as far as this-
http://www.bigolbear.com/pass_wing.htm

"Any drive you don't return from on a tow truck was a good one..."
Jon
'77 (mostly) 1500 "Ol' Yeller"
FM66043 7U
Nass #104