Re: petronix electronic converters, installation

To: Bernie <bernd.vabeach@erols.com>
Subject: Re: petronix electronic converters, installation
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 06:52:47 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, clancy36@attbi.com
Bernie:

Not to imply that you did anything wrong, but a common problem
with installing the pertonix is that people will just swap out
the wires to the coil as they were set up when using points. The
problem lies in that when running points, it does not really matter
if you have the + and - connections switched.  The engine will
still run, although your life of the points will be shorter.  If
you do not correct this when you put on the electronic
petronix, it won't work and will most likely fry the unit.

At a show when I was discussing this exact issue with another
club member, we walked around checking out this issue and found over
50% of the 6s with the + and - connections backwards!

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3