Non-lbc

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Non-lbc
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:42:57 EST
My deepest apologies for this non-lbc inquiry. (Well, if I strain maybe I can
find one). My publisher is negotiating with a manufacturer's rep in the US
which represents a printer in Manitoba, Canada. I mentioned how the subject
of added charges (customs, processing, etc) comes up on the list occasionally
in cross border transactions and the horror stories that have been told. Does
anyone know what, if any, problems might arise if a hefty shipment of
mechandise ( books) was shipped from Manitoba to Pennsylvania. Over and above
the quoted shipping carrier charge, might there be some of these mysterious
charges I've heard about in some of our private transactions?  It strikes me
this would be even more of a concern in a commercial transaction. What about
NAFTA in this regard? It's surely advisable to go to the horse's mouth (govt)
in this but I was wondering if there's any practical experience to be related
from this most informed list.
As for LBC content? Hmm, let's see. Well, it doesn't apply to this
transaction but in my first book an AH3000 gets wrecked (I couldn't bear to
do it to a Triumph). I know now that the mechanics were badly off in it but
at the time.....oh, well.

Jim Macomber
65 4A
CT54531L