Positive to Negative ground Conversion

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Positive to Negative ground Conversion
From: "John Walker" <Jwalker@mainet.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:08:19 -0500
I am starting the process of getting my TR-3B that I drove in the garage
20 years ago running again. I have read several different posting in
various places on converting from positive to negative ground, but none
of them make any mention of the starter motor. I assume that there must
be some change required, as the electron holes will be running in the
oppisite direction once you change the ground. In a related vein, if I
change to a gear reduction starter, are they pos or neg ground?

I have been lurking foir about 6 months, and enjoyed having my
knowledge base refreshed and expanded, wish there had been such a
resource back in the day.

John Walker
62 TR-3B
Oakton, VA