Exhaust Band Clamps

To: sdtilton@yahoo.com
Subject: Exhaust Band Clamps
From: Sherman D Taffel <staffel@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 02:02:10 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Scott-
Yes I get 4" long band clamps in 1.75 - 2.25"diameter from Triangle Auto up Rt
29 in Ellicott City, MD. I used these on stainless steel connections on my
Jensen Interceptor and am going to once and for all solve the 'weeps' at the
joints on my TR4 with them this winter. The bands must be installed 'sideways'
)(the bolts/nuts vertical) on the TR to keep ground clearance. I don't know if
the joint by the X in the framae will allow this- and that is my main area of
'exhaust weep. The stock hanger from the trammy doesn't want to work- maybe myb
pipes are njot the origianl size, although all my parts (manifold, downpipe is
original from 1965.

Sherman Taffel
Columbia MD
TRAC/CTR

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
Sherman D Taffel.vcf]