exhaust band clamps

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: exhaust band clamps
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:02:05 -0800 (PST)
I first found these at Dave Bean Engineering. I have since been
buying them Racer Parts Wholesale (http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/)
who have Supertrapp's version. They work great, and they
come off when you need to get them off. I also use a good
exhaust sealing paste.

I have seen (on cars) but never to purchase, very wide clamps
that tighten with two bolts (but don't make a full circle). It
seems that these would be good for the sort of split/slit
fitting that is common on our cars, because it would help
seal up the slits. More fiddly to install, though.