Re: Spax Shocks . . how many turns

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spax Shocks . . how many turns
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 19:15:05 EST
Scott,

Normally, Spax shocks take 13 or 14  clicks going from full soft to full
hard.  If you turn the screw counterclockwise far enough it will bottom.
That is, you will get to a point where it won't turn farther.  That's full
soft.  Each click is about 1/2 turn of the adjusting screw.

My experience has been that you can turn the screw clockwise "forever".  It
won't stop after 14  or 20 or 30 or more clicks.  Continuing to turn the
screw clockwise after 14 clicks will not alter the setting, you'll still be
at the hardest (14th click) shock setting.

This "feature" is why people like me who have a lousy memory and don't always
write things down  count the clicks it takes to return  the shock to full
soft before "cranking it up" again :-)

As a side note, these shocks are "single adjustable".  The adjustment is for
rebound only.  Compression  is not affected by the adjustment.

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA