Spax Shocks . . how many turns

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spax Shocks . . how many turns
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:30:49 -0800 (PST)
Hey guys,

The better part of 10 years ago I rebuilt the front suspension on my TR-4 and
installed some adjustable spax shocks.

I probabably turned them up all the way to their stiffest setting.  (more is
better right?)

Well now as I drive home over some imperfect roads . .. my car kinda bounces
and jitters a whole lot more than anyone elses on the road.

Kinda makes me think I look like one of those kids in the lowered import trucks
that used to be popular a few years back.

Yeah I know a TR4 has a short wheel base and is pretty stiffly sprung . . . but
I'm hoping softening up those front shocks will help a little bit.

Anyone happen to know how many turns the little adjusting screw will make from
one extreme to the other?

OR . .if I can loosen it too much?
(I wouldn't think so . but you never know)

Thanks.

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 everyday
Leesburg, Virginia