Re: 2003 Calendar

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2003 Calendar
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 15:29:33 -0000
The most practical calendar I received last year - and definitely the most
entertaining, was put together by a local MG Club in the UK. It featured a
CD-ROM case that could be opened through about 140 deg so that the case
became the display unit. Each month has a separate card to view with a
picture of an MG across the whole type and age spectrum - 2 and 4 seaters,
while the reverse has a brief description of the car and its technical spec.
This calendar sits on top of my computer monitor, is immensely practical and
a joy to use. I've never seen a calendar in that format before and I hope I
get another one for 2003 - even if it is of MG's! That said, I'd be a lot
happier to receive (even buy!) a Standard-Triumph version in such a
format/layout - and not just of TR's and Spitfires. Maybe I'll design one
myself for 2004 using my own archive photographs? Trouble is, I don't have
'free' access to a colour photocopier any longer - which is what the club
used to keep costs down.

Jonmac