Re: Harry Potter

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Harry Potter
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:41:08 +0000
On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, at around 21:17:23 local time, jay snavely
<jays@paonline.com> wrote:
>Today I saw previews for the new Harry Potter film.  He is driving/flying a
>small blue car, which I think is a Triumph Herald, but I am not an expert
>with the non-convertible models;)  Has anyone else seen the film yet?

Of *course* I've seen the film.   I've been a fan of Harry Potter for
years.

I am delighted to confirm that it is not a Herald, as it gets battered
to pieces by an angry tree about fifteen minutes into the film...   The
car is definitely a Ford Anglia (known as the "Ford Angular" because of
the peculiar rear windscreen arrangement), which is as per the written
specification (i.e., the book).      One might speculate that J. K.
Rowling owns or owned an Anglia, and that this is her revenge on a car
that let her down once too often!

ATB

--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FM105671