Re: Harry Potter

To: "Michael Hargreave Mawson" <OC@46thFoot.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Harry Potter
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:03:10 -0000 gATCA5v6026468
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>

> I am delighted to confirm that it is not a Herald, as it gets battered
> to pieces by an angry tree about fifteen minutes into the film...

Apparently 7 Anglias were used in making the film - one would presume that at
least 6 were destroyed in the process :-(
I'm not a major Anglia fan, but I hate seeing ANY classic destroyed in the name
of entertainment.

>  The
> car is definitely a Ford Anglia (known as the "Ford Angular" because of
> the peculiar rear windscreen arrangement), which is as per the written
> specification (i.e., the book).      One might speculate that J. K.
> Rowling owns or owned an Anglia, and that this is her revenge on a car
> that let her down once too often!

I saw part of an interview with J.K.Rowling where she talked about an old
friend having an Anglia (I think) when she was a student. It was included in
the book with affection,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--