Re: Car Birthdays

To: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Car Birthdays
From: Dianne and Peter Fullam <dfullam@albany.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:33:55 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Scott,

The TR4 commission numbers in 1963 ran from CT18xxx to CT 28xxx, so your first
two
would be 62s. Mine is CT19207. The certificate doesn't have the build date, but
the shipping date was Jan. 22. I'm guessing that the build date was on or about
Jan. 15. CT 20000 would have been late in January.

On the SU/Stromberg thread, I still have the original H6s, also on a long 4A
intake manifold. I ginned up a semi custom throttle linkage using mostly
original
parts. Works fine. The air cleaners are those chrome plated expanded-mesh dome
jobs with foam inserts. Weiand, I think. No clearance problems with the hood
bulge. I had to bend the front jet lever inward a little to clear the fender
well.

I'll have the TR 40 years come July 23.

Cheers,

Pete Fullam